Pen Pals from Vanuatu

Today Miss Zamperoni (a student teacher in our school) told us about a trip she went on to work in a school in Vanuatu. She showed us a video of her visit as well as a slideshow of some of the things she experienced while over there.

She had letters from students in Vanuatu which she handed out to students in 6L. Each student received a letter from a child in Vanuatu. They then had to write their own letter back. Miss Zamperoni is going to send off these letters to the school in Vanuatu so that the students can receive their letters.

What was something you learned about Vanuatu?

8 thoughts on “Pen Pals from Vanuatu

1. This is Tom C,
    I learnt that 70% of Ni-Vanuatu live on remote islands without clean drinking water or electricity and that it is one of the most poorest countries in the world.

2. Dear Mr Lindsay,
    I thought it was really fun doing the letters to Vanuatu because we got to learn about Vanuatu with Miss Zamperoni. It would be great to get letters back from them. It would be great to learn more about my pen pal.

3. This is Jamie W
    I think that yesterday was very fun. The best thing was watching the video of her on the zip-line. I also liked writing letters to the Vanuatu kids.
    I hope to get a letter back from them soon.☺

4. I learned that the people of Vanuatu had a hard time with the cyclone and that made me feel sad for them. I also learned that they have a different school curriculum from me and that they sing a lot more. I’m glad I don’t have to sing that much.

5. I liked writing letters to other kids in Vanuatu because they will share all of their thoughts and surroundings with me from Vanuatu and then that gives me a chance to become friends with a child from a completely different island. Then we can both share how we face situations in different ways and the different life styles we live with.

Shanae!

6. Dear Mr. Lindsay
    I liked writing our letters to our pen pals at Vanuatu because it was fun learning about the way they learn at school or the different games they play. I also learned that their town had just got hit by cyclone Pam last march.