Want to Comment?

I got the idea for this page here

How to leave a comment…

I’m hoping these posts generate lots of comments. My students know not to leave their last names so if you are a class parent, please leave your name as “Bailey’s Mum/Dad” so we can keep with our No Last Names policy.

Here’s some good practices for being a good commenter:

1. Click on the heading of the post on which you wish to leave a comment
  2. Scroll down until you can see the “Leave a Comment” section
  3. You will be asked for your name (use first name and last initial only)
  4. Next you will be asked for an email address (use firstname@ example.com ===> sally@example.com)
  5. On some blogs, you will also need to write the “spam word.”
  6. Click “submit comment”
  7. On our class blog your comment WILL NOT appear right away. The blogger-host must moderate (approve) first. If your comment is okay it will soon appear on the site!

How to write a good quality comment…

• Write your comment like a letter starting off with “Dear Chloe” or “Dear Mr Lindsay.”
  • Compliment the writer in a specific way, ask a question, and/or add new information to the post. For example, if the post is about hurricanes, maybe you know something else about hurricanes that you can add. More information is terrific.
  • It’s ok to be critical and say you don’t like something but be nice and constructive about it. That means offer a solution or a better way.
  • Write your comment about the post.
  • Check your comment for correct spelling, grammar and punctuation before you submit it.
  • Don’t reveal any personal information about yourself in your comment.

Be nice! If you wouldn’t say it to the person’s face with a teacher standing next to you, then don’t say it online.

17 thoughts on “Want to Comment?

1. Dear Mr Lindsay,
    This is a great initiative and a great way for 6L to understand Blog Site, it is also a great way for the class to see their work published. Look forward to reviewing this blog site on a regular basis, great work.

2. Dear Mr Lindsay,
    Thanks for all the work you put into this. It’s great to see what 6L are up to. The collaborative clusters look like a fun way to learn and listen.
    Thanks
    Isaac’s mum (Cathy)

3. dear mr Lindsay and 6L

I did the riddle and so did a few class friends it was very fun for me and for some other friens so we all liked it.

I am sure on some of the answers but not all but over all it was great to do it for reading.

only some of us did it some stuck with the other options.

We also did groups and single I did a single it was great.

from Hope 3-4 C 🙂

4. Hello viewers of this blog.
    I’m Josh H in 6L. It is so good to see so many people on our blog,
    You can all thank Mr Lindsay for setting it all up.
    Hope to hear from you soon,
    Josh H, 6L

5. Hello viewers of this blog. Hope you think it’s good. You can all thank Mr Lindsay for setting it up. Hope to hear from you soon.

6. Dear Mr Lindsay and 6L

What a great blog! I am very impressed with the content and the participation of the students. Hopefully this will continue throughout the year leaving you all a great record of your last year in primary (i.e. would make a great book to take away). The other thing I like is being able to check on homework that is due!! Sorry Tom 🙂
    Keep up the great work and will check in from time to time.
    Regards

Steve (Tom’s Dad)

• Dear Steve (Tom’s Dad)

Thanks for posting on the blog. We are glad you like it. It is a great way for students to look back over what they have done and achieved. I still have students who I have taught a couple of years ago coming back and having a look.

I enjoyed embarrassing Tom by reading out your post to the class.

Keep checking in to see what we have been up to.

Regards

Mr Lindsay

7. Some great work contributed by all of 6L during term two. It is very interesting to see and read about what has been happening during the school day. I’m sure everyone in 6L is looking forward to returning for term three. I know Tom can’t wait to get back to class.

8. I like the rain poems they are so fantastic. Mum is buying us a Flemish Giant rabbit. Did u know they grow over 8kg and nearly 1meter long. Now that is what I call a lot of rabbit stew!